stills from video

AndreP 09:44 21 Dec 03

My mum has just got back from a trip of a life time (Jamica). She has taken some video footage and would to have some stills(photo's). Is this possible and what would I need to do it?

s3mt3x 10:08 21 Dec 03

Firstly you would need a device to capture the video onto your pc. What i/o formats does your video camera support? It will usually be S-Video or firewire. If its S-video, you'll need a TV capture card - if your mum's paying - get a geforce fx 5950 Ultra :) - if not, then you can pick a cheepy one up for around £40. If its firewire you'll need a firewire port on your puter - these can also be purchased to plug into a free PCI slot.

Once you have your video transfered onto your PC you'll need some sort of software to edit it and export the individual frames to an image file. I think the video editing software that ships with Windows XP has these capabilities, if not a quick search click here will allow you to find a freeware or shareware tool that will do this for you.

AndreP 10:18 21 Dec 03

PC spec

AMD Xp1700
512Mb DDR 2700
2x20Gb HHd (raid)
Gainward Geforce 4 4800se(with video in)
M/B Asus A7V333
Will be using Std video player using phono's

AndreP 10:33 21 Dec 03

what software that ships with XP (i have XP Pro) are you talking about?

s3mt3x 10:38 21 Dec 03

Movie maker - i'm not sure if it ships with XP Pro - but it does with the home edition.

s3mt3x 10:39 21 Dec 03

Oh - but i think you can download it from microsoft.

christmascracker 15:10 21 Dec 03

You can definately do it with windows movie maker 2, have been doing the very same myself this morning

Movie maker 2 from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…