Still unable to use outlook

ponytail 08:38 22 Mar 15

I am still having problems trying to use outlook.I created a thread about a month ago titled Cannot get into microsoft outlook but don't seem to have got anywhere.What would happen if I tried to install office 2003 again by inserting the disc how would that affect the other programs ie Word,Exel etc

onthelimit1 08:41 22 Mar 15

You can uninstall Office then reinstall it - it will not affect any existing files. I missed your post - what was the problem?

ponytail 11:08 22 Mar 15

This is the message I get when trying to use outlook

Cannot start microsoft office outlook MAP132 DLL is corrupt or the wrong version.This could have been caused by installing other messaging software please reinstall outlook

ponytail 11:25 22 Mar 15

I have just uninstalled office 2003 and reinstalled it but still get the same message when I try and use outlook

Pine Man 11:43 22 Mar 15

I suspect that your .pst file is corrupt so reinstalling Outlook won't make any difference.

Uninstall Outlook again and if, during the process, you are asked if you want to delete the Data tick Yes. Then check to see that the .pst/data file no longer exists. The .pst file is located in different places depending on the type of Outlook you are using but if you open up Windows Explorer and then do a search for either Outlook Data File OR .pst you should find it and delete it.

WARNING - DELETING THE .PST/OUTLOOK DATA FILE WILL REMOVE ALL THE SETTINGS AND DATA USED FOR OUTLOOK AND YOU WILL HAVE TO START THE INSTALLATION FROM SCRATCH.

onthelimit1 11:43 22 Mar 15

Try uninstalling it with Revouninstaller - it will get rid of more left over registry items.

Also some info here.

Pine Man 11:44 22 Mar 15

Further to the above - you do not need to uninstall Office just Outlook.

onthelimit1 11:46 22 Mar 15

If you had Outlook 2007 or 2010 as a trial, then this may help.

ponytail 14:34 22 Mar 15

How do I uninstall outlook on it's own

Pine Man 14:45 22 Mar 15

To uninstall outlook on its own you go to Control Panel/Programs & Features. Click on MS Office and select Change. It should then give you various options including add and remove programs or similar wording. Just remove Outlook.

ponytail 17:02 22 Mar 15

Have removed outlook what do I do now thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…