still trying to remove branding

palinka 18:34 18 Jan 04

10 days ago you all helped me a lot with removing branding; now i'm about to edit the registry following these instructions from Stuartli:

"Open in turn the following Registry folders: Hkey_Current_User, Identities, {id-number}, Software, Microsoft, Outlook Express. Select the folder 5.0 (or whatever version of Outlook Express you are running), then look in the righthand pane for a value named WindowTitle.
You can modify the text held in this value (double-click to edit it) or just delete it.
If more than one id-number appears in your Registry, you may need to repeat the exercise for each one. "
My problem is that in the right-hand pane there is nothing named WindowTitle. There's a little iconsaying ab with (default) beside it; and under "Type" it says REG_SZ. Under Data it says Value not set.
Is this whole entry the thing I should delete?

spikeychris 18:43 18 Jan 04

Easier way. >>

Close all of your browser windows, then press
Start / Run and type (exactly)

rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear

Then open your browser

Tools / Internet Options and in the 'General' tab
press 'Use Current' as your home page. 'Apply' / 'OK'.

hugh-265156 18:47 18 Jan 04

click here to remove manufactures branding.

window title click here

palinka 18:56 18 Jan 04

Spikeychris - I did that 10 days ago and it removed the branding from IE, but didn't touch OE.
It's the branding on OE that I'm trying to remove.

BurrWalnut 19:06 18 Jan 04

Remove brand name on Outlook Express, use regedit and navigate to registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\long name\Software\Microsoft\OutlookExpress\5.0
Look for WINDOW TITLE and change it or remove the entry to get the default

To restore the default animated logo in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, use regedit and navigate to registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
Delete both BRANDBITMAP and SMBRANDBITMAP

To restore the default idle logo in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, use regedit and navigate to registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Delete both BRANDBITMAP and SMBRANDBITMAP

palinka 19:07 18 Jan 04

thanks huggyg71, the unbrand link did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…