Still problems setting up Netgear DG834GT

Giggle n' Bits 13:38 02 Sep 06

I reinstalled xp home and did all the updates drivers all ok and no problems with system but still find when inserting the Netgear disk and wanting to go into the http:/192.168.0.1 for love nor money it won't give the sign in box to enter the settings, just keeps going to the usual page not found.

Are there any known compatibilty issues with Netgear wireless modem routers with the networking erthernet ports on machines?

I have took the router back for a refund lukily got it but still need get a wireless router installed and setup and oly know Netgear do a good job so would want another.

As said above the router knows the port is there but something seems to be missing. Also find shutting down the machine to be a problem when the Netgear was on.

Help please.

FelixTCat 13:47 02 Sep 06

Shad Rack,

Do you have your new router yet?

If so, what type is it and do you intend to use it wirelessly?

Regards,

Felix

Giggle n' Bits 16:09 02 Sep 06

going to get another tomorrow. The problem I had was getting into the Netgears settings for starters, the admin & Password box wouldn't show and that as far as I got. i had no problem doing it on a friends opposite down the road but mine is a pain.

ashdav 16:39 02 Sep 06

You seem to be giving conflicting information.
"insert Netgear disc..ethernet connection"
You should set up the router via LAN (ethernet) first then install the wireless driver. Shutdown the computer,install the wireless card and remove the LAN cable.
Reboot the computer and wait for Windows to install the card.
When you get the prompt box to choose between Netgear or XP setup I chose Netgear but you can use either.

Giggle n' Bits 20:56 02 Sep 06

built in on the motherboard.

Ok, so you say do not have the router cable erthernet plugged in first and stick the disk in drive then configure using the netgear software.

Then shutdown machine and turn off then turn on then plug cable in. which order ? confusing me now.

Again its a onboard Lan port. I did ask if are there any onboard lan ports not compatible with wireless netgear routers. I have found out also that SP2 in xp can shutdown port if firewall blocks but that I don't know how I would know.

Strawballs 00:24 04 Sep 06

I have just done a netgear for a neighbour and the instructions were click here which worked as it looks like a internet address it will be the click here. If you do not have a wired connection to a netgear router it will take you to a netgear site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…