Still Photos to DVD without shimmering

Monoux 10:05 24 Sep 06

For years now I have been making DVDs to view on my TV from holiday etc digital photos. I’ve had problems with some stills shimmering when played back on my 50Hz widescreen TV and never found a cure. It is usually when viewing seascapes or buildings with lots of windows and anything with lots of straight lines. Played back on a 100Hz TV or TFT TV everything is fine.

I think I’ve now stumbled on the answer and am putting it on here in the hope it will help anyone else having similar problems.

I now convert all the images I want to use on a DVD to the bog standard DVD size of 720 x 576 using the free program Photo resize magic from click here.

The resized images are then taken into my usual program for creating DVDs, menus, music etc added and burnt to DVD. So far this has solved the shimmering problem when played back on a 50Hz TV.

Monoux 10:09 24 Sep 06

Have posted in Helproom but now wonder if it should have been Digital world.

Doubtless FE will move it if he thinks I've got it in the wrong forum

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:16 24 Sep 06

Nero exports video at 720x576 as standard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…