Still not getting email Alerts to postings here ?

Giggle n' Bits 23:30 22 Apr 04

As anyone else had this problem where they are not getting email notifications to replys from there postings. And managed to conact anyone at PCA like a webmaster (if any) and get it fixed.

FE ? is it an on going problem ?

johnnyrocker 23:38 22 Apr 04

no one is getting these.

johnny.

Forum Editor 00:06 23 Apr 04

at this, among other things, at the moment. Our view is that it's not a high priority problem - just log in and take a look at your thread in the normal way.

johnnyrocker 00:10 23 Apr 04

agreed too many people might be jus a tad lazy;)

johnny.

johnnyrocker 00:11 23 Apr 04

agreed too many people might be jus a tad lazy;)

johnny.

mammak 00:14 23 Apr 04

Yettie hi it seems to be an overall problen on site at the moment' has been this last week'
i have had one email from PCA and it was headed "SPAM" i found a few emails ie: my family site has read as the same i wonder if "Outlook" has anything to do with this' saying that my sister is on BTBroadband and has the same problem' so it would seem it is a problem other than PCA' fE put our minds at rest.
regards Mammak

Giggle n' Bits 00:17 23 Apr 04

I have a friend who mails me daily not relating to anything to do with IT or PC's and she with Ntl Dial up, a few of her mails had the subject as SPAM. Is this a new Bug ?

Giggle n' Bits 00:19 23 Apr 04

and johnnyrocker, mammak.

mammak 00:23 23 Apr 04

Yettie yep this last day or so i have noticed a few emails (from trusted sites ie:PCA) have been headed as ***SPAM*** so i wonder where the problem has come from i dont think it is from PCA alone.
regards Mammak.

computernerdiamnot 01:40 23 Apr 04

Have not recieved thread emails but did recieve a email reminding me that the latest PC ADVISOR mag was out.

Gongoozler 08:53 23 Apr 04

Hi Yettie and mammak. Some ISP's now have spam filtering. I know Freeserve do. They attach ***SPAM*** to the subject line of emails they think are spam. I don't know what the criterion is for what is detected as spam. I've set an OE message rule to delete any emails containing ***SPAM***, and set OE to "Empty the deleted items folder on exit". I just have to check the deleted items folder before I shut down OE just in case there's some useful stuff in there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…