Still no sound!!!

rafael 21:36 28 Feb 06

Yes its me again.

I have an Audiophile 2496 soundcard which i have used in the past with no problems. Its fully installed and so are the drivers. But i just cant get any sound at all these days. Ive asked about this on here before but im still having this problem.

These are the settings which i have at the moment on Sounds & Audio Devices Properties :
----------------------------------------------------------
Volume tab :

At the top of the tab it says M-Audio Delta AP Multi, which is underlines but when i click on it nothing happens

Device Volume is unmuted but all the way down, and i cant turn it up because its ghosted

Speaker settings is ghosted
----------
Audio tab :

Default Device - M-Audio Delta AP Multi (selected)
M-Audio Delta AP 1/2
M-Audio Delta AP S/PDIF
Modem #0 Live Playback

Sound Recording - Same options as Default Device plus M-Audio Delta AP Mon. Mixer. M-Audio Delta AP Multi is also selected.

MIDI Music Playback - Delta AP MIDI (selected)
Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth

Use only default devices - selected

The Volume and About buttons are ghosted
----------
Voice tab :

Voice Playback - M-Audio Delta AP Multi (selected)
M-Audio Delta AP 1/2
M-Audio Delta AP S/PDIF
Modem #0 Live Playback

Voice recording - M-Audio Delta AP Multi (selected)
M-Audio Delta AP 1/2
M-Audio Delta AP S/PDIF
Modem #0 Live Playback
M-Audio Delta AP Mon. Mixer
----------
Hardware tab :

M-Audio Delta Audiophile is working properly
Driver isnt digitally signed (but im told that this doesnt matter and its not been a problem before)

Properties button on the Hardware tab (after selecting M-Audio Delta Audiophile from the list) - General tab : The device is working properly, and its enabled
Properties tab : Status : enabled and functioning properly. Use audio features on this device is selected. Dont map through this device is UNticked. Settings button is ghosted.

The same applies to MIDI Devices and Mixer Devices
----------
VOLUME CONTROL :

Wave, SW and CD Player are all unmuted and fully turned up. There are no other faders, although there ahould be more.

Options/Properties : There is a box for Wave, SW Synth and Cd Player, and theres options to choose Playback and Recording ("Adjust volume for Mixer Device"). I dont understand any of these options.
-----------------------------------------------------

If anyone understands which are the correct settings to have then please do let me know.

My speakers work fine, and theyre plugged into the small green socket at the back of my pc. Its physically impossible, as well as unnecessary, to plug my (very cheap but functioning) speakers into the soundcard. This is how i had it before and everything worked fine, it it ought to work fine now, but it is not. Theres no need to ask me anything about my speakers. Thats not the problem.

The problem is that the Device Volume is all the way down and ghosted, therefore unadjustable. The computer seems to say that it recognises my soundcard and drivers, but its just not doing what its supposed to do (ie giving me the option to turn the volume up and get sound).

Hertz Van Rentyl 21:46 28 Feb 06

Have you disabled the on board sound in the BIOS, as it seems to be enabled as you are plugged into it.

remind 21:48 28 Feb 06

I saw your previous thread. If you have a green socket your pc has built in audio or a standard audio card. Do you get sound if you remove the card and the drivers? The M-Audio ones i mean
Did the M-Audio mix its output with your standard card before?

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:01 28 Feb 06

The 2496 shoud be independant of other cards it looks like its for recording and playback and you need another sound device for your everyday use. Some screenshots here
click here

rafael 22:01 28 Feb 06

To hertz :

I think ive tried enabling the sound in bios, but it makes no difference.

To remind :

I dont get any sound regardless of whether i try to use the on board sound or my M-audio card. Did my M-audio mix its output with my standards card before? I have no idea, i dont know much about these things. All i know is that i plugged the speakers into that green socket and my M-audio card worked fine. Like i say the volume control in Device Volume is ghosted and now i get no sound at all no matter what i try to do.

rafael 22:03 28 Feb 06

To hertz :

I really dont think i need any more devices, because everything worked fine before with what i have.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:10 28 Feb 06

I meant your on board sound is the other device as you cannot connect speakers directly. I would try and sort the on board sound out first then install the 2496.

rafael 22:19 28 Feb 06

To hertz :

How do i do that?

rafael 13:23 25 Mar 06

aaaargH!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…