Still no Joy

Octoz 19:50 04 Feb 04

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help so far.
I cannot install my FujifilmZ6900 or a smart media card reader. I have used the Fuji software and plugged the sm cared reader in (USB) device manager says USB controllers are working.
Found new hardware wizard appears. I try to install but keeping getting message unable to install.
When I try to install Smart Card Reader manually the wizard says it can't find any drivers. It's almost as if the installation has left the Win XP pro drivers behind. Please help, I want to scrub Win98 and reformat but can't if I can't install camera or card Reader.

john-232317 21:50 04 Feb 04

I have win 98, and have my daughters fujifilm finepix software and my HP photo and imaging software installed no problem at all.

Did you install software before connecting camera ??

Try uploading straight from camera.As soon as you connect and switch on camera it should open up software program.

Octoz 09:48 05 Feb 04

Bump
Have done this in desperation.

john-232317 17:15 05 Feb 04

Guide the wizard to the drivers on the cd, it maybe trying to get them off C drive instead.

Octoz 09:00 06 Feb 04

dadyassa

Installed Fuji software first. Connect camera and it is not recognised as z6900. Found new hardware wizard kicks in and despite pointing it to the Fuji driver it won't install camera.

I have inserted the Win xp pro disk and the wizard is still saying that it cannot find the drivers.

Megatyte 09:11 06 Feb 04

When you installed the drivers did you do it from the setup.exe on your Fuji CD?

AH

Octoz 09:25 06 Feb 04

Megatyte

I have tried to use the most up to date drivers from the Fuji website. The CD installs the driver automatically but I can't get WinXP to identify the camera and install

anchor 09:35 06 Feb 04

As regards the card reader, I have a Belkin SmartMedia reader,

click here

and it was recognised immediately, and XP-Pro installed the drivers automatically.

Having had 2 Fuji cameras in the past, I know that the camera drivers are notoriously difficult to install. Fuji were aware of this, and I recall they even had a page dedicated to this problem.

Megatyte 09:53 06 Feb 04

In Device Manager remove any reference to your camera, card reader and USB controllers. Re-boot (without anything plugged into USB) and let Windows re-install your USB. Now try loading your Fuji software (without the camera plugged in).

This may or may not work, but you've nothing to lose.

AH

anchor 09:56 06 Feb 04

"Why am I experiencing problems installing my camera onto my PC?"

If you are still having problems then please contact the Technical Helpline on 01234 245383 (Mon-Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm) for further assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…