Still having trouble with NSW installation.Help

Hitch-Hiker 10:44 28 Dec 03

When installing NSW I am getting an erroe message from windows installer saying " the feature you are trying to install is on a cd rom or other removable disk that is not available.

insert the " disk and click ox

use feature from

#%

christmascracker 12:59 28 Dec 03

^

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:00 28 Dec 03

what is NSW?

antoni34 13:09 28 Dec 03

I think !!!
Sure your CD-rom isn`t broke ???

thms 13:10 28 Dec 03

NSW=Norton System Works.

Try here click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:15 28 Dec 03

Ok thx, lol well i think it saying that when you installed before it made a temp setup file telling it where to load from,so i can only think you deleted the file and is looking for it again so you may need to get rid of all the reg entries and folders before you reinstall.

Regards.

Hitch-Hiker 19:42 29 Dec 03

On some advice from a friend I have drilled the registary for anythis linked to Symantec and Norton and deleted it and search the pc for any file of the same name and deleted them.

Now when I try to in stall NSW (Norton SystenWork)
it all seems to be ok untill it gets to the point of publishing product information for norton antivirus the it says Norton SystemWorks 2004 installation has failed do you want to try again if I click yes it tries to read from my "A" drive then it comes back with the same message if I then click yes again it un installs all it has done if i click no the it just repeats itself and gets no further.

Has anyone got a clue?????????????????????????

Hitch-Hiker 21:05 29 Dec 03

I have tried everthing the the Symantec web site suggest with no luck

I know that the disk are ok as I heve installed them on my Nethews pc just to test them out. They are brand new from pcworld

VoG II 21:09 29 Dec 03

Did you have a previous version of NSW or another Norton product installed (which product, if any)? Did you remove it first and, if so, how?

Hitch-Hiker 21:20 29 Dec 03

Yes I did I had NSW 2003 and I uninstalled it with add remove I have also used all of the recommended tools for Symantec, "Rnav2003" "RnisUPG" and Syncln

VoG II 21:23 29 Dec 03

Oh well, that's what I was going to suggest that you did so barking up the wrong tree. Sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant