still having probs with saving pics from website

ZeBeDee001 17:04 11 Oct 03

having changed internet settings on aol preferences i am still unable to re-open any saved images from websites.keep getting the message invalid jpeg file no matter what i try to open it with. is there anything else i could try or am i going to have to live without being able to do this.

JFT 17:12 11 Oct 03

Have you changed your preferences to "Never Compress Graphics" ?

mark500 17:13 11 Oct 03

on the AOL Preferences Internet Options Web Graphics screen you need to untick the Compress Images button.Might not be where I said,haven't had AOL for two years just trying to remember.Anyone with AOL help?

JIM 17:46 11 Oct 03

In AOL PREF.

The "Web Graphics" tab lets you adjust how you view pictures you see on the Web. The default "Use Compressed Graphics" setting will work just fine for most people. This uses special AOL technology to compress the a Web site's images and transmit them to you faster. However, if you want to save any of the images you encounter and use them in desktop publishing or other graphics programs, you'll probably want to turn this off. Your browsing will be a little slower, but you'll get the graphics in a form compatible with other software.

graham√ 17:46 11 Oct 03

Are these images from after you changed to do not compress?

ZeBeDee001 20:16 11 Oct 03

have adjusted settings to "do not compress images" on aol's preferences menu and i'm still not able to re-open the selected picture i've saved. would appreciate any other suggestions that anyone might have to offer.

keith-236785 20:56 11 Oct 03

what extension do the pics have ie bmp,jpg,giff?

if it isnt a normal extension then you could try windows quick view, or the even better viewprint from click here (this is only a demo but might help you to get your pics)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced