STILL have a Code 40 on Motherboard Resources

The Geek 19:52 11 Feb 04

I recently posted a thread about one of my motherboard resources having a Code 40 error in Device Manager. I have just reinstalled Windows and 'tis still there. I think it may be caused by the nForce 2 drivers that I installed for my motherboard but I cant be sure. I uninstalled and reinstalled the chipset drivers and it still wont go away. Surely if its motherboard resources it doesnt need a driver so why does it get an error loading it? I have a GigaByte GA-7N400 Pro 2 motherboard which was brand new in November as was every other component in the system.

Chegs ® 20:03 11 Feb 04

click here

According to M$,the resolution is to reinstall the driver.If the error still occurs,have a look for another driver.(although it doesn't state WHICH driver needs reinstalling)

On this link,there is ALL the error codes for Device Manager,left side of page.

The Geek 20:09 11 Feb 04

Sorry! its a code 42!

I read about code 42 on that page and it seems that the Bus has made a duplicate entry. Is there any way of fixing this or is it just destined to annoy me forever?

Chegs ® 21:25 11 Feb 04

I would try booting into safemode(F8)then delete it from device manager,reboot and see if XP detects it correctly.

The Geek 16:02 12 Feb 04

I have just turned on my pc and the file "nvatabus.sys" and that is a nVidia system file is it not? I am going to reinstall windows and use the nvidia drivers on te motherboard CD. They may be old but at least they work.

The Geek 16:03 12 Feb 04

I have just turned on my pc and the file "nvatabus.sys" is corrupted or missing. That is a nVidia system file is it not? I am going to reinstall windows and use the nvidia drivers on te motherboard CD. They may be old but at least they work

The Geek 18:57 12 Feb 04

I have just reinstalled windows (for the third time in 2 days) and after a FULL (took about an hour) ntfs format and without me installing any aditional software the error is still there. I havent put any drivers on at all or any other software. When windows was done installing and it first logged on the error had gone but after a reboot it resurfaced. I really need this fixing because my backlog of work is getting larger and larger.

The Geek 20:14 12 Feb 04

I've fixed it. The flash update for m bios fixes bus errors such as this so I thought, nah what the hell and installed in to see if it had any effect and it seems to have worked so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…