Still got Windows 98?

VoG II 23:43 30 Mar 04

click here and wake up!

(Hides behind speakers anticipating torrent of abuse!)

powerless 23:45 30 Mar 04

No I'm with you all the way!

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:59 30 Mar 04

There is no real need for the home user to buy XP professional. There will be many 98 update sites around for yonks....meh.

G

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 00:03 31 Mar 04

I heard this was better click here

Regards.

powerless 00:04 31 Mar 04

Well if they get a new PC in a few years with Codenamed: Longhorn. XP will apparntly help with this or the reloaded edition of XP according to MS.

Come on G make the upgrage ;-))

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:08 31 Mar 04

Already got XP home. ;-)))))

G

Tim1964 00:13 31 Mar 04

VoG™

Does this mean that when your car gets over 5 years old you'll be sticking in a new (expensive)'super-duper' engine in it as well? Or will the one that's in it now 'do the job'?

Some of us on the forum are using 98 for various reasons, 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' or 'It's done me fine for 6 years why give M$ more cash for what appears to be only a new desktop. (I know it's more than that of course).

I'm sure we would all like to be in the position to submit a post along the lines of "I've £1000 to spend on a PC......". (Cue the violins...)If I had £1000 to spend, the money would go on other things than replacing a PC that's working OK (if a little slowly).

Luckily we don't all belong to the "My processor's bigger than yours" club.

powerless 00:15 31 Mar 04

I've only got a small one :-(

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:19 31 Mar 04

'tis well documented.

G

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 00:21 31 Mar 04

Dam, and here was me thinking we all belongs to that club,just some have better membership options.

Regards

stlucia 09:06 31 Mar 04

Am I missing something? The 'video' that is accessed via VoG™'s link displays a still screen listing 4 unsupported generalisations about XP's alleged superiority over 98SE.

In my experience (and I use both 98SE and XP), the alleged advantages are not evident to me -- in fact, neither my dial-up nor BB modem will work with XP, so for 'connectivity' I have to use 98SE.

I installed XP because I needed it for a particular program development reasons, and I thought I would end up using it for everything. But I now only use it with that particular program. For me there seems to be no benefit in upgrading the OS on a relatively old PC so long as the original OS is still working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…