Still got a PowerPoint animation problem

Chris the Ancient 10:33 18 Jun 08

This is a follow on from a thread which I though was resolved yesterday. But it wasn't really resolved in the end. }:-((

I'm constructing quite a large PowerPoint 2003 Presentation. When a particular slide advances to another one which has an mpeg on it, I use a black mask with a fade transition to 'black out' the part of the frame that I'm using.

The mpeg then plays, and disappears as soon as it's finished.

Finally, the mask fades out ready for transition to the next slide.

All that looks quite smooth.

But... the mpeg appearance and disappearance at stop and start is instant. I would like it to fade it in and out all nice, neat and tidy.

Used Windows Movie Maker, I tried adding a black front and back end with a dissolve transition and that works. (For some reason, Movie Maker ignored a 'fade in'!), Trouble is, Movie Maker won't save the file as an mpeg, it wants to save it as a wmf.

Now the problem...

PowerPoint 2003 seems to wait until it has fully imported the clip before it starts playing (a matter of 3-4 seconds), whereas it started playing an mpeg file immediately.

I've hunted and tested high and low for a good free wmf to mpeg converter hoping this might help - but with no success.

Any PP whizz-kids there with any ideas?

CtA

VoG II 10:41 18 Jun 08

Hi Chris

For all I know we may have a PP guru on here but they definitely do if you click here - may be worth registering just to prove me wrong ;o)

Chris the Ancient 11:05 18 Jun 08

Not a forum I have seen before.

I shall give that a try and feed back later.

CtA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now