still got mailwasher problem

palinka 16:58 07 Feb 08

Successfully deleted old version of Mailwasher from my XP machine,but now have an error message on trying to install new version - "Access violation at address 00742837 in module 'Mailwasher.exe' Read of address 00000004".
Meaning? and what should i do?

mole44 17:08 07 Feb 08

after uninstalling any program i usually restart pc,run ccleaner ,restat pc then reinstall the program.

after uninstalling any program i usually restart pc,run ccleaner ,restat pc then reinstall the program.

ooops sorry for the double reply

brundle 17:20 07 Feb 08

It crashes during installation or the first time you try to use it? Normally the setup would be called Setup.exe

Uninstall any/all versions, do a search for Mailwasher folders in "c:\documents and settings\", which is where the blacklist/filters/friends list are kept (I can't remember exactly where the folders are located, probably Application Data - you may need to show hidden and system files to see them) and delete or rename them. Reboot. Try the install again.

palinka 17:28 07 Feb 08

thanks, mole44 and Brundle.
Have doen those things and now starting all over again. Fingers crossed.

palinka 10:30 09 Feb 08

After yet another re-install it's OK. (brundle, the crash was during installation; so lots of bits left behind that I hadn't quite removd on previous occasions).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple