Still getting a bad image warning ?!

Pererin 22:39 29 Jul 06

hi Guys, I still have a problem with a bad image but it seems to come up with other apps as well. I will look into this later. I also have a problem with the defrag on my c drive,here is the message I received today when I tried to defrag the c drive. Defragmentation of MAIN DISK (C) has been aborted due to inconsistencies that were detected in hte filesystem. Please run CHKDSK or SCANDISK on MAIN DISK (C) to repair these inconsistencies, tehn run disk defrag again. Any ideas, on this as well guys?
Oh by the way the computer had been in standby when it would not work and when I tried cliking on an cion on desktop there was no response and there was no file in folder when i went into the start menu all programs and tried. Thanks again in advance, please keep it simple as i am not technically minded. pererin

Leehndrsn 22:42 29 Jul 06

I cannot explain the reason but I too experienced the very same. Running ScanDisk fixed it, sorry not much information

rdave13 22:45 29 Jul 06

Have a look here if you have an oem windows xp disk click here Assuming you're using XP.

Pererin 13:53 30 Jul 06

Thanks guys, not sure what to try first but need to find scandisk on computer. Doing a scannow seems rather techy to me and I would prefer something that does it all for me and all i need do is apply or abort if i think it is not correct. Thanks anyway guys. Pererin

VoG II 13:59 30 Jul 06

Start, Run, type

cmd

and click OK. At the > prompt type

chkdsk /f

and press enter.

SFC click here

Pererin 20:21 31 Jul 06

To VoG, thanks for info jsut tried and am now able to defrag. Great thanks. Will try the rest soon and let you know but thanks for now guys you are all great. Pererin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now