Still can't get sfc /scannow to work xp home

Eargasm 23:25 28 Apr 04

Hi all
Running xp home sp1 update, when i type sfc /scannow i get a message asking me to insert xp home service pack 1 cd "files that are required for windows to run properly must be copied to the dll cache" after inserting disc it still won't run.
After checking event viewer there's multiple entries under wfp "various files could not be copied to the dll cache" specific error code is 0x000004c7 event id 64021. Can anyone shed any light ?
regards phil

johnnyrocker 00:14 29 Apr 04

it is asking for your xp disc if you aint got one tis a problem.

CDL 00:54 29 Apr 04

Hello Eargasm !

Are you trying to use your XP SP1 disc -ie with embedded SP1 ?

If so you need to use the dedicated SP1 update disc

Eargasm 18:13 02 May 04

Can anyone else please help,i haven't actually got an xp disc it came pre- installed on a hidden partition.

Eargasm 18:20 02 May 04

I have just found this which describes my problem exactlyclick here the trouble is the solution needs an xp disc.
Is there anyway round this?

Eargasm 21:34 03 May 04

A mate of mine has let me borrow his xp disc it is xp pro,it has the folder i386 which is the folder i need to copy to my hard drive (see link above) but as i am running xp home does anyone know if this would work on my pc?
Thanks phil

GaT7 21:52 03 May 04

May be you could create a Restore point before attempting the 'fix'? If anything should go wrong just revert to the time before the change. I'm no expert with this - someone else may be able to suggest something better.

Eargasm 22:15 03 May 04

Thanks for response Crossbow,that seems like a good idea i'll give it a go, if it goes pear shaped then i should be able to restore.
I still can't help feeling miffed that a pc costing £1200 2 years ago never came with an xp disc,i guess that will teach me not to shop at pc world.

Cesar 16:20 06 May 04

You may have got out of trouble this time, but what about the future? Write to the manufacturer of your Computer, (not a nasty letter but a "Uriah Heep" letter) and how much you have enjoyed their computer "there is just one snag though you haven't any recovery discs or how to use SFC /scannow could they please help?" as it's such a smarmy letter they might take pity on you and help with your problem.

Other PC users take note (as I got away with it).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…