still can't get computer to do as its told!

pixie-egg 18:10 09 Apr 04

I bought a windows 95 game the other day, thinking i'd have no problems playing it on my WinXp computer, but i can't get the thing to work. I've changed the compatability thingy to Win95, and it installs and i get all the game menu, but as soon as i ask it to go into the actual game i get that awful WinXP tone telling me i cant and the screen just goes blank. Please help me as i feel this game and the computer are ganging up on me!

Diodorus Siculus 18:16 09 Apr 04

Have you done a google search for the game? There may be a way to run it via XP - what game is it?

Old Shep 18:16 09 Apr 04

When you buy a game or program check to see what it is compatable with. Lots of things do not work on XP even in compatability mode. I would very much doubt if it will work on your system now, I have loads of programs that are sat doing nothing but that is the price you pay for upgrading.

pixie-egg 18:21 09 Apr 04

the game is international rugby league. i just presumed it would work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…