Still can't burn music

Knacker 12:14 22 Sep 04

When I try to burn music onto a cd mp converts the list no problem. However when it starts to burn it burns a couple of tracks & drops to the bottom of the list stating it cannot burn. I have downloaded mp10, tried 5 different makes of cd & 3 other software (Roxio, Nero & cdburnerxp pro) not to mention cleaning the cd player, but it's the same result every time. I have tried the phone help line that comes with the pc package but they say they can't help because of copywright law, despite the fact I have paid for the cd's. Does anyone have ANY ideas?

billyliv 12:46 22 Sep 04

Hi, What is the make and model of your CD rewriter. Cheers, Bill

Knacker 12:59 22 Sep 04

The package is an emachine combo drive, the cd writer has a 48x max write.

billyliv 13:11 22 Sep 04

Hi, Possibly faulty CD/Rewriter. I would get back onto the helpline and tell them that you cant burn photos onto cd-r (dont mention Audio). Do you know anyone nearby that has an external CD/Rewriter that you could try on your computer?. Cheers, Bill

billyliv 13:17 22 Sep 04

Hi, Back again. I have never used a combo drive. Does the drive have 2 letters, 'D' for reading/burning and 'E' for reading only? maybe your burning program is trying to write to the 'E' drive. As I say I have never used one so I may be talking a load of old cobblers. Cheers, Bill

JonnyTub 13:31 22 Sep 04

combo drives have only one drive letter, also do you have permission to copy this material! I think your main problem is the copyright issue and there are many ways of getting around that, the answer to your problem i doubt will be found in this forum as many members refuse to comment where copyright issues start rearing their ugly heads. Myself included

terminus 13:51 22 Sep 04

there's a conflict between Nero & Roxio, most advice I've read says 'use one or the other'

Also the latest Windows Media Player, has a rip and burn facility.

SEASHANTY 14:19 22 Sep 04

There is also the free DEEP BURNER for CD and DVD
click here

SEASHANTY 14:23 22 Sep 04

You could also from Control Panel select Sounds and Audio Devices. From there select the Hardware tab then highlight your Combo Drive. There is the facility here to troubleshoot if necessary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant