Steven Spielberg doesn’t have this problem…

QUADDRA 23:52 07 Oct 05

Hi
Maybe someone can help.
I have a Mesh Athalon 64PC with a Sony multi (+/-) DVD burner.
As yet I have been unable to produce a DVD that I can play on the PS2 or the children’s DVD player.
I used Windows movie maker and burned to Memorex DVD-R 1x-4x 120min.
If I put it in the PC it will work when I click the drive then click the video. But nothing happens in any DVD player…
Any ideas as to what I’m doing wrong?
Thanks

woodchip 23:54 07 Oct 05

Yes the Stand alone DVD player is not compatible with the DVD. You created

QUADDRA 23:59 07 Oct 05

So what do I do?

woodchip 00:04 08 Oct 05

What did you burn the Movie with and how? meaning what format. If you used XP burner then it will not play as it is Packet writing Software. You need a DVD burning suite as NERO full version You can burn as VCD SVCD or DVD format. If you have a CDR try burning as SVCD if it will fit the disc

QUADDRA 00:11 08 Oct 05

Hi woodchip,
Yes I think I used the XP burner, I do have Pinnacle instant write (studio8) do you think this is what I should use?

woodchip 00:16 08 Oct 05

Yes if you have a CDR disc and it will fit. Do not forget that a CD is only about a fifth the size or less of DVD so you will not get a lot on. but they are good to try things as they are cheaper than wasting DVD's, I have Studio 9 but had trouble with out of sink sound and vision with the program. Do you have movie maker on your comp that may be best to try with

QUADDRA 00:27 08 Oct 05

I have windows movie maker comes with XP think, which is what I used. Is this the same movie maker you mean?

QUADDRA 00:28 08 Oct 05

So you can make a cdr work like a dvd on say PS2 or any other player?

Kryten 07:52 08 Oct 05

You will need to create DVD files for playback on a DVD Player. you need software that will convert MPG, WMA, DIVX files etc. to DVD format files. Then these files can be burned into the Video folder on a DVD. Please be aware that a PS2 will not play VCD, SVCD if you plan on creating these type of video disks. I use Ulead DVD Movie Factory 4 which I find is very easy to use. Will burn the disks.

If you create a Movie that is just to big to fit on a DVD you can shrink it to fit. Bit if I find I need to shrink the DVD files I use a free program called DVD shrink (downloaded from the net) as this is very easy and quick to use for that task.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…