Steganos Safe Problems

twitcher 19:19 09 Aug 07

For some years I have been running Steganos Safe 5 to safeguard passwords, bank details etc. Recently, however, when I have tried to close an open drive I received a message “ACLENGINE: UnMount returned 70”. As a result the drive only closed after I had restarted my computer. I therefore decided to install Steganos Safe 6 from a magazine disc. However, when I tried to install it I received the message “ACL_Helper_RegisterDriver ‘SLEE_503_DRIVER’ failed. Error=504” and had to abort the installation. When I did so I received a further message “Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Steganos Safe 6\Sleesetup.dll failed to register. HRESULT-2147467259. Contact your support personnel”

Could anybody please tell me what is going wrong?

brundle 20:35 09 Aug 07

Do a complete scan with antispyware software; AVG and Superantispyware would be a good combination.
From the french and german results returned in Google I only got the impression that the .dll you mention can sometimes be part of an unwanted spyware infection.
click here

twitcher 12:40 11 Aug 07

Thanks Brundle, the first thing I did when the problem arose was a complete scan with the full version of AVG, but nothing showed up.

brundle 15:32 11 Aug 07

Did you uninstall the old one first? It seems Steganos installs a service to provide some of its features, the new install may have been stopped due to files/services already present and running.
Remove with RevoUninstaller (click here) which will uninstall the product and scan the registry for left-overs. A registry cleanup with CCleaner might help too; click here

twitcher 18:06 11 Aug 07

Did as you said, uninstalled version 5 and reinstalled version 6. Got the same error messages but now I cannot access either version 5 or version6!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017