Steganos 5 - Disk-keeper Lite Conflict ?

Pesala 12:43 12 Jun 04

I ran Disk-keeper lite with a secure drive open in Steganos Safe. No files from drive X were open at the time. When I tried to delete a font from my windows font folder, I got an error message, "unable to write to drive X: files may be lost." A blue screen error message also came up in German.

The font was not installed from drive X:. I closed Steganos Safe, and got the error message again.

After reopening Steganos Safe, all files seemed to be intact. May be inadvisable to run Disk-keeper or any defragmentation tools with Steganos safe drives open.

€dstowe 15:43 12 Jun 04

Be very careful using Steganos safe.

I know of two instances (one involving myself) when this cursed program has forgotten the password to open it.

In both cases it was the program at fault, not anyone forgetting the password. Steganos were no help at all in retrieving the password and the info remains locked in a computer forever. Good job it wasn't all that important.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…