Steering wheel installation help needed

mikeyboy32 20:26 13 Apr 05

I have a Logitech wingman force feedback steering wheel plugged into my windows xp pc via usb.
the wheel works perfectly except for the force feedback.i've used 3 different driving games and when it comes to changing the control to the steeering wheel none of the games will let me chose the force feedback option.It's as it the pc is saying that my wheel is not force feedback.but it is!
how can i correct this?

Technotiger 20:37 13 Apr 05

Hi, I am not 100% sure but I think the Force Feedback has to be built-in to the game - not all games have that option built-in.

No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers.

great1 20:38 13 Apr 05

click here

Is this a new steering wheel you have? as your last thread is still open.

G1

mikeyboy32 20:43 13 Apr 05

yeah it's a new steering wheel.i gave the other wheel away as it didnt work on xp.
I've tried using toca race driver 2 and colin mcrae rally 2 which both include being able to use force feedback.there are options to chose it on the control menu of both these games.but 'cos the feedback option is not highlighted it's not letting mew choose it.
One thing both these games were installed before i got the wheel.would that make any difference?
Apart from feedback the wheel works perfectly so it's recognising it.it actually recognises it as a force feedback wheel too!

Mikè 22:02 13 Apr 05

in control panel/game controlers there should be an option to calibrate and test the force feedback, if it's not there there's a driver problem.

mikeyboy32 22:44 13 Apr 05

yeah i've done that and it works fine in the test.although you can't test the force feedback itself.So don't really know what to do about that?

Starfox 23:10 13 Apr 05

If it's anything like the Saito force feedback controller that I use then setting up is a very hit and miss affair.best bet I found is to remove the controller(wheel in your case)and then remove the drivers from Start+Control Panel+Add remove programmes and start again from scratch.Install the drivers before the wheel.

When you have done this you then have to set the force feedback to on from within the game options in each game you are playing.

For what it's worth I think that the force feedback is a waste of time,you are better off with it switched off but that is just my personal opinion.

Mikè 00:14 14 Apr 05

It appears you are not using the correct drivers, get the latest drivers and reinstall them click here then test the force feedback in control panel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…