steelseries backlight problem

SorinDaniel 10:25 11 Jan 15

Hi there.My backlights stop working .I have all dthe drivers installed ,the lattest ones ,from msi site .I can see the icon tray ,everything is installed and work properly,except the fact the lights not ligting up.I had wind 7 when this happened ,so i put back wind 8.1 ,hopping that it was a windows problem,but they are still not working .So i think my lights are burned out ,can i find out if this is the really problem .I have an MSI GT72 DOMINATOR PRO.Thank you and i hope you will be able to help me.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:51 11 Jan 15

DO yo have a steelseries folder - showing profiles for settings and colour of the keyboard? have a lookin there and see if they are set to off.

if not try a system restore to when they were last working.

alanrwood 11:06 11 Jan 15

Assuming you are referring to the screen display backlight then it is not a software problem from what you describe. It is purely and simply a failure of the backlight to the screen either by the invertor circuitry or the wiring from it to the Screen backlight. Needs to go in for repair if under warranty so don't play with it and invalidate the warranty. (You imply it is fairly new as it had Win 8.1 installed)

SorinDaniel 18:23 11 Jan 15

alanrwood...im not speaking about the display.im speaking about the backlight of my keyboard. the msi gt 72 qe dominator ,comes with the new steelseries keyboard . fruit bat....i have that folder ,i will have a look and i will come back with a reply. Thank you for answering

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos