Steam Updated "Dedicated Server" Keeps poping up

RobCharles1981 21:01 06 May 06

Steam updated this everning and when I try and connect too a server on steam it keeps on asking me too download the dedicated server tool and I cant connect too the game any ideas ???

RobCharles1981 22:46 06 May 06

Can anyone advise please its driving me mad!!

RobCharles1981 22:56 06 May 06

The "Dedicated Server" is a program which hosts a networked Steam game either on a private LAN or on the Internet. (If you just want to play Steam games, you don't need the Dedicated Server -- you can join online games by clicking on "Servers" in the Steam menu.)

If you do want to run a game server and have other people connect to your server via a network, the easiest way to run a server is to click the "Download and Install" button below, which will add the Dedicated Sever to your "My Games" list. You'll be up and running in minutes.

Advanced users can also run a Dedicated Server under the Linux operating system. Click here to download the Linux version.

Note that when running any version of the Dedicated Server, a certain amount of network configuration (opening ports, etc) may be required.

NOTE: Clicking the button below will install the Half-Life Dedicated Server, not the newer Source Dedicated Server.

* I don't want too download this and I close it, when I try and join a game I get the box up again

RobCharles1981 23:08 06 May 06

someone help me mun!!

RobCharles1981 23:32 06 May 06

la la la la la la la

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…