STEAM ?

Ballie 11:38 13 Feb 05

I want to download the Half-life 2 demo from ATI click here but it says you need a steam account I have found the steam web page click here but before I install this can anyone tell me what is steam? and how it will affect my computer.

Starfox 11:45 13 Feb 05

You need to set up a Steam account to allow you to play the game, it validates the authenticity of the Half Life 2 CD ( or demo in yor case)

You will not be able to play the game otherwise.

Starfox 11:49 13 Feb 05

More Steam Information in detail click here

Totally-braindead 11:52 13 Feb 05

Hello again Ballie glad the new graphics card worked. As Starfox has said its a form of copy protection, you have to create a Steam account in order to play the game, when I bought the game I had one hell of a time trying to sign up for my Steam account but I believe its all sorted now. It only comes into force when you want to play the game, it shouldn't affect anything else. Surprised you need a Steam account just to play the Demo that seems a bit OTT.

*Silver*Hawk* 12:38 13 Feb 05

Steam ruined my life! :-0

Steam is very frustrating but it is the only way to play online. I thought you also needed a cd key? maybe thats the purchase of hl2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…