Steam?

InZaNE_mOdS 17:55 12 Dec 03

Hi anyone a counterstrike gamer here? If yes. then any of you use steam with cs 1.6, i did and it updated and then on desktop steam i could view the servers etc and ping to them, but when i load up cs game the servers are not responding now and i cant connect to any of them. Anyone know why. Thanks if you can help, and even if you cant thanks anyway for saying something.

hugh-265156 18:53 12 Dec 03

dont have cs loaded at the moment but when i did i used all seeing eye click here its very good.free also.

havnt tried steam.

Djohn 19:12 12 Dec 03

click here have you tried this forum, dedicated to gamers. Pilch and many other PCA forum users set this site up when the games forum closed last year. I'm sure they will be able to help. j.

hugh-265156 19:20 12 Dec 03

yep! it was those guys suggested i try ASE :-)

Every time I try to connect to a server, it won't let me, or I get an error that says "connection rejected by server". Why does this happen and how do I fix it?
If you are never making it on to the server, chances are you have a name problem. If this IS a name problem, then what is happening is that your name is being changed on the server at the wrong time, and the server doesn't recognize you, and therefore will not let you join. There's two different ways to solve this.

The first way to solve this is to create a second steam ID and password. Doing this will create a duplicate Counterstrike installation on your system, and it will be completely stock. When you log into this steam ID, you should be able to play on UA without a problem. This is the fastest way to solve problems with CS 1.6 on our site, but you lose access to any customizations you did in the past.

The second way to solve this, would be to locate and edit your counterstrike configuration file. The file is named "config.cfg" and you will find it in your Counter Strike directory. To find this file, go to your steam folder, the default location of this is c:\program files\steam\steamapps.

In this directory, you will be able to locate any installations of counterstrike 1.6 on your machine. You should see a folder with your username(s) on it. (e.g. [email protected]). Double clicking on your user folder, should show you a "counter-strike" directory. Open the "counter-strike" directory, and then open the "cstrike" directory inside of it. Once you are inside the cstrike directory, locate a file called "config.cfg" and double click on it to open it.

You may be prompted to choose a program to open the file with. Select either Notepad or Wordpad. When the file opens press Cntrl+F to bring up the find window and type the word "name" in the "find what" field. Now click the "find next" button. This will help you quickly find any name statements in your config.cfg file. If there are any in here, delete them, especially if you have multiple name statements in this file. If you find and delete name statements, be sure to save the file before closing it or your changes will be lost.

You should only have name statements in your user.cfg file. If you have to have this statement in your config.cfg, only have it once. You can also drop the console down after the game has begun and use the name= to change your name in game. ***PLEASE NOTE: changing your name to something other than your UA user ID, can result in you not being able to reconnect if you are dropped from a server during gameplay.***

The first suggestion above should fix most any problems caused by customizing your CounterStrike client. If for some reason it does not, please send an email to Customer Service

click here

Cheer's Djohn by the way....

InZaNE_mOdS 21:10 12 Dec 03

thanks guys i will check out all those links and post back in response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…