Staying connected on Skype

exdragon 09:12 30 Oct 06

Hi - mental block, could someone remind me, please?

One of my French contacts has just got Skype, but her broadband normally disconnects after 20 minutes or so, which isn't helpful when having a conversation.

My BB is on all the time, but is there a setting somewhere, either in Skype, internet options or Tiscali BB, which will let her change it? Or is it complicated, involving routers, modems and heaven knows what else?

I did have a look in the Search facility, but couldn't see an option to 'never disconnect'.

Thanks

Miros 09:25 30 Oct 06

Try Voipdiscount click here and you can call her land line via your PC for free, they will work in tandem, I know as I have both but rarely use Skype now.

Technotiger 09:42 30 Oct 06

click here

Scroll down to My Broadband disconnects itself - try the same suggestions mentioned.

Cheers.

exdragon 10:06 30 Oct 06

Thanks, Miros, but she's just set up Skype & we're using that for the time being

Technotiger - she doesn't have TalkTalk, but I'll email her the link to see if she can pick up anything from that. In my Connections tab with BT Broadband, I don't have the options described in the artical, but she may well have something relevant. I remember being able to change the setting in dial up.

Miros 10:58 30 Oct 06

OK but if she has a land line phone, you can call her for free using VoipDiscount via you PC, believe me I phone Australia, Canada, Spain, USA, Germany, to land line numbers all for free except for my Internet connection which is available 24/7 anyway.

spuds 12:06 30 Oct 06

bookmarked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…