Stay with Norton?

Fateful Shadow 20:51 19 Jul 03

After the amount of help I got about Kazza today (still haven't found my dignity!) I thought I'd post a second query!

My virus definition subscription for Norton antivirus will be running out at the end of August, and I had a look at the update area on the Symantec website, and found that I could get a discount on Norton Antivirus 2003.

Would it be better off paying for a newer version of Norton and staying with it, or going with a free antivirus program like Avast?

Thanks

STEVE71163 21:31 19 Jul 03

My subscription runs out at about the same time and i for one will be sticking with Norton as i have used one of the free ones and its the only time i had any trouble with viruses. I have found 2003 very good because of the automatic updates.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :0)

the lone cloner 22:23 19 Jul 03

I use internet security 2002 i've found it reliable,and have stuck with it ,i believe that 2003 may have some problems with certain applications,i would wait and find out more before going for the upgrade.

Andybear 19:14 20 Jul 03

I've got NAV 2003 and have had no problems with it.

Fateful Shadow 19:18 20 Jul 03

I will stay with Norton. I will get the upgrade to 2003, and then see what wonders await me :P

mimo 19:29 20 Jul 03

when my subscription was due for norton 2002 internet security (firewall/anti)i immediately upgraded to 2003.this came with 12 months subscription and added features .i have win xp os ,to date no problems .worth every penny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…