status bar keeps dissapearing

homer1309 23:36 05 Apr 03

hi all you experts out there. a small but none the less annoying problem for you to sort for me please. when i open internet explorer i can go to view and tick status bar to show it but when i close explorer and re open it the status bar has dissapeared and i have to go and make it show again. question is how do i make it to show as the default setting....thanks in advance

CPU Temperature Too High 23:41 05 Apr 03

I have exactly the same problem. If you do not know how to get it back - Click on VIEW at the top and just click on Status Bar, hey presto, it should pop up at the bottom.

CPU Temperature Too High 23:43 05 Apr 03

sorry I read your threadtitle and replied straight away, I did not bother reading the rest of it. Sorry again, I have exactly thesame problem, exept it happens on a slightly less regular basis. Cany anyone help? - US.

Peter E 00:05 06 Apr 03

when opening a new window...

SYMPTOMS
When you open a new instance of Internet Explorer 6 or Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1) by using the keyboard shortcut (CTRL+N) or the New Window command on the File menu, the Status Bar is not displayed in the new browser window.
WORKAROUND
To work around this issue, click Status Bar on the View menu.
STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.

bvw in bristol 00:07 06 Apr 03
  Peter E 00:13 06 Apr 03

Didn't know there was a permanent fix. Microsoft don't mention one.

homer1309 23:31 06 Apr 03

tried all of these peeps and stilll having problems so back at ya peeps...

homer1309 15:57 30 Apr 03

after sitting down and reading this, click here properly found all the answers i need. cheers bvw in bristol,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now