Static ip and ICS

Maverick.uk 20:25 19 Apr 06

Hi Guys

Im playing with ICS and "other things" and am having a few issues which ive searched for info for bot dont seem to be able to find the answers, so im now asking if any of you can help.

My ICS is working on all machines on the network if i use DHCP assigned I/P. Due to my "other things" i want to run a static i/p on one machine on the network. When i do this i loose my web brwosing capability but not network capability. Ive set up the ip manually with 192.168.0.100 and this machine is on the network can be pinged and can be accessed no problem ive set the subnet to 255.255.255.0 and default gateway as 192.168.0.1

Cheers

Mav

Maverick.uk 21:34 19 Apr 06

OK, managed to sort this. It was DNS related added ISP's primary and secondary DNS servers to TCP/IP settings and now fixed.

Now is anybody familiar with running IIS web server and logging into it with Front Page, i have an issue with this which i havnt yet managed to solve as well.

Cheers

Mav

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…