State of Insanity

muscic lover 20:40 16 Apr 05

Does anybody know about the security risks of going to / using a chatroom called "State of insanity"(.com) ? My wife has just subscribed to it and since doing this we have had some intrusion attempts on our PC - Norton has stopped them with its firewall (2002 version) programme.

I have tried a search on Google about this and come up with very little........So its over to you guys to see if you canm help!

If you can I'd be very happy.... Cheers!

stalion 20:45 16 Apr 05

chat rooms are notorious for picking up nasties on your pc best avoided

Dan the Doctus 20:48 16 Apr 05

I've just visited it and it seems ok.

Dan the Doctus 20:52 16 Apr 05

Run Ad-Aware SE click here and Spybot S&D click here if you're worried.

Did she click on any links posted or download anything?

UncleBulgaria 21:02 16 Apr 05

Try this also.

click here

muscic lover 21:03 16 Apr 05

she paid a 'subscription' to it of $30 and i have asked our credit card company to stop the payment!
She is feeling a bit silly about it at the moment!

Spybot and adaware have picked up nothing , so i hope we are ok at the present time......

thanks folk

Pooke100 21:09 16 Apr 05

Don't forget your AV too!

Chatrooms are OK if you don't click any links and don't accept any files of anyone and don't give out your email/address or personal information freely. I'd stick to free ones (well known too) like Yahoo etc.

Keep all your security software up to date: AV, Firewall, and ad-aware & spybot.

HTH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…