Startup windows

phil.smith 10:40 22 Apr 07

I recently downloaded some updates from Windows. Previously when I started my computer it went straight to the main desktop. Now I have to click the "Login" button before it will take me to the desktop. How can I change this back so that it goes straight to the desktop please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:43 22 Apr 07

To stop your system from displaying the Welcome Screen, go to "Start->Run" and type in "control userpasswords2" (but without the quatations). Untick the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" option and click OK

phil.smith 10:45 22 Apr 07

Thanks Fruit Bat. Will do!

Phil

phil.smith 10:18 23 Apr 07

I have done as you suggest Fruit Bat but now when I start up I get a window that says unable to login and I then have to click OK which takes me back to the original Log in screen. Can I re tick the box in control userpasswords2 to take me back to where I started?

I am Spartacus 10:23 23 Apr 07

Try TweakUI from click here

Once installed go to Logon, Autologon and put a tick in the 'Log on automatically.....' box.

phil.smith 10:36 23 Apr 07

Have tried that but the box is already ticked and I still get Unable to Log on due to password restrictions.

I really would like to get back to automatic login.

smokingbeagle 10:45 23 Apr 07

Think this happened to me when I downloaded the .NET updates.
Go into Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Computer Management / Local Users and Groups / Users and delete the .NET accounts.

Grambo 13:27 23 Apr 07

had the same problem......and resolved it

click here

smokingbeagle 13:38 23 Apr 07

.NET is still installed using my method - if you need it.

Grambo, yours is probably the ideal solutin if you don't need .NET

phil.smith 14:10 23 Apr 07

Smokingbeagle thanks but I can't find Local User and Groups in Computer Management.

phil.smith 15:18 23 Apr 07

I have found an ASP.NET account in User Groups under Control Panel - should I delete this account?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…