Startup Virus ?

jimmy-214885 05:54 24 Nov 04

Hi Guys, Every time I Bootup, I keep getting this off my Spysweeper : jho51.exe.

Now I have tried to get rid of this but cannot. I have used, Trojan Hunter, Ad-aware, Spybot, and Pest Patrol, but no good. I have no info at all on it, so it is a bit of a mystery. Any ideas please.

All the best

Widow

Technotiger 06:21 24 Nov 04

Hi, did you disable System Restore b4 trying to get rid of it? This sometimes helps.

VoG II 08:18 24 Nov 04
  jimmy-214885 11:06 24 Nov 04

Thanks for the help Guys. I did disable the restore before I tried to get rid of it. No good up to now.
I will have a look at the sit suggested.

Cheers

bertiecharlie 12:16 24 Nov 04

In additon to Jotti's Online Scan, in VoG's post, you can upload the file to VirusTotal click here You need to use Internet Explorer as opposed to any other non IE based browser.

I've done a scan here with SpySweeper as sometimes, after a definition update, it can generate a false positive but it found nothing.

If you have SpySweeper Memory Shield activated and its detecting the file at start up then it will be detecting it as a running process. Have a look in TaskManager and see if you can identify the process. The reason the file cannot be deleted is that its in use. Try "end task" in TaskManager, if you can identify it, then try deleting the file. This will send the file to the Recycle Bin so you can always restore it if necessary. (To actually find the file, go to Search and type the name into the "all files and folders" section. Enable show all hidden files and folders).

Alternatively start your computer in safe mode and try deleting the file.

Go to Run and type in msconfig and have a look under the start up tab. Is there any reference to it there?

If you don't fancy doing all that, you could post what's happening on VoG's link at Wilders and see if the original poster of the problem managed to sort it out. (You can post as a guest).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…