ON STARTUP screen show 'A7N8X' display

RKMonty 11:19 05 Jun 06

On starting up a pc a friends pc has recently started to show a screen showing A7N8X plus graphics about the A7N8X ( about the ASUS motherboard ? ). It the eventually goes onto the normal 'log in' screen.
Is there any way to stop this graphic appearing on start up. I have the same pc and it never appears on mine.
I await your comments, thoughts, advice. Thanks.

Gongoozler 11:41 05 Jun 06

This screen is displayed by the BIOS. In my A7V8X-X there is an entry in the Boot menu for "Full Screen Logo". Perhaps this is the one that controls the display you are referring to.

Grantrh 14:55 05 Jun 06

Yes Gongoozler is right.
Its a setting in the BIOS that needs to be changed.

RKMonty 17:11 05 Jun 06

Thanks for the replies.......how does one go about changing the BIOS ?? Thanks

Gongoozler 17:54 05 Jun 06

At bootup and after the ASUS logo screen, there will be a message such as "Press del to enter setup". Follow this instruction and you will be in the BIOS setup facility. For more instructions download teh manual for the A7N8X click here.

However, I rather like the ASUS logo screen on my computer, and I don't think it makes any real difference to the boot time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…