Startup problems

Saltyseadog 12:18 10 May 05

I'd appreciate some assistance with some startup problems I have been having with my computer. I've been getting the following error message occuring fairly frequently and before I decide to reinstall windows I want to see if there is another way to solve the problem. The following message is being displayed on the blue screen which require several reboots even using safe mode to restart the computer.
Stop: 0x00000050 (0xF8963D00,0x00000000,0xF892C051,0x00000000)
Page fault in non paged area.
My daughter recently installed the software for her Creative Zen player which I have uninstalled to see if that was the problem but with no avail.
Any help will be appreciated.

Switcher 12:24 10 May 05

It could be a memory problem. Take the memory sticks out and replace one by one retrying start up each time

Saltyseadog 09:29 14 May 05

Tried removing and reinstalling memory sticks but made no difference. Still a major problem when starting up the computer, the blue screen comes up the vast majority of times before I'm finally able to start up. I've tried starting up in Safe Mode but the same happens, I've even tried to use system restore but I've been unable to get it to restore to an earlier date because it gets interrupted by the blue screen.

Saltyseadog 09:58 14 May 05

To expand on my original message the whole blue screen message is as follows:-
'A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
Page_Fault_in_nonpaged_area
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable Bios memory options such as caching or components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:
Stop: 0x0000000050(0xF863D00,0x00000000,0xF882c051,0x00000000)'

It sometimes takes as many as a dozen times rebooting before I can get Windows loaded.

Saltyseadog 19:55 14 May 05

Also defragged hard drive but still having big problems trying to get it to start up without having to keep re-booting several times.

woodchip 20:01 14 May 05

This may be a faulty PSU if you have another try it

Technotiger 20:03 14 May 05

Hi, assuming you have XP, perhaps you could try a Repair XP from the XP CD, rather than doing a full reinstall.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…