startup problem

maurits1234 07:15 02 Apr 07

hey can someone help me with this problem, well i get the message X300XT BIOS P/N 113-A33437-102. isnt the x300xt a graphics card? weird cos i know 100% that i have an x600 256mb. the startup starts at this and doesnt go any further with lights 1,2,3 all burning. its more than a year old and still under the 3 year warranty, but i am now in aussie so dont know wether dell will send a technician, plus i would rather sort it ou myself.

Pentium 4 HT 3.00GHz, 2gb RAM, 160GB 7.200rpm, X600 256MB
dimension 9150 (dell)

thanks

anskyber 09:11 02 Apr 07

What does belarc say you have? click here

maurits1234 11:14 02 Apr 07

sorry, but i called dell and we managed to fix the problem from over the phone. the technician said that faulty ram could be the problem, so i took out all four ram modules and placed them in one at a time, then turning on the machine to see if the ram was faulty. suddenly the computer booted up and i tried with the other three, which all worked fine separatley as well, so i placed all four at a time again, this time the computer did start, so i think that one of the ram modules wasnt in properly or it was caused by the dust which is all over the house because of the renovations going on. one thing is different at startup is the cpu logo has now changed from saying just pentium 4 to pentium 4 ht extreme edition (as far as i know its not extreme, but ok).

another problem though which i havent fixed upto now is my laptop, which broke down a month ago, 3weeks out of warranty so thats a bummer. apparently is the hard drive thats failed (diagnostic test says dst:fail) which then has also been probably caused by the dust.

anyway thanks for your time

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:27 02 Apr 07

dst = disk spin up time = slow to spin up

Drives are sealed so dust cannot get in.

Try removing and refitting the drive, probaly a dirty connection.

maurits1234 08:54 03 Apr 07

yeh i tried that, but to no avail,
the only annoying thing about getting a new drive is that ive lost all my old data (which i never backed up!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…