Startup Options

Nodnyl1987 23:12 07 Jun 05

When I load my computer, it comes up with four options:
1. Normal
2. Logged (/BOOTLOG.TXT)
3. Safe Mode
4. Step-by-step confirmation

whichever option I select, it ends up in me having to restart... then the smae thing happens all over again.
If anyone can help I will be most gratefull, thank you.

hugh-265156 23:36 07 Jun 05

Have you made any changes to your hardware?

If you can give us some more information please it may help. What operating system do you have? If its XP try switching on and keep tapping F8 or F5 and select 'last known good configuration' maybe.

If that doesnt work and you cannot even boot into safe mode then your only option is a repair or clean install in my opinion sorry. click here

Nodnyl1987 17:27 08 Jun 05

I have recently installed new hardware (Creative Zen). The operating system is Windows ME, if this effects anything, please let me know. Thanks

hugh-265156 23:58 08 Jun 05

Hi again Nodnyl1987. I am not very familiar with windows millenium and this is a total guess but it may be worth a try.

If you cannot boot into safe mode your registry could be corrupt. Try this and it should restore it to a previous good version.

Download a windows 98 or windows ME start up floppy disk (eiter one should work fine) from click here

Make sure the computer is set to boot from a floppy disk first in your bios and start the computer with the floppy in the drive then type 'c:\windows\command\scanreg /restore' and press 'enter'

You should have a list appear of registry back ups to choose from so choose a date you know the computer worked using the up down arrow keys and press 'enter' again.

remove the floppy disk and restart the computer. hope this works for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…