A Startup Nuisance:

Alan Ryan 14:34 24 Jul 04

At the end of every bootup, a warning appears on the screen to the effect that a file has not been found so check spelling and location and if you are trying to open this file make sure it hasn't been renamed, moved or deleted. I've traced the source of this odd message to a file buried deep in Microsoft Office\Office\LibraryAnalysis\Analys32.XLL
I never use Microsoft Office and I want to get rid of this nuisance message. Would it be wise to delete Analys32.XLL ?

stalion 14:41 24 Jul 04

your problem is connected to excel in microsoft office if you do not want to use it, it should be ok to delete the file.It is an add on in excel

bretsky 14:49 24 Jul 04

This may help you click here

bretsky ;0)

Alan Ryan 14:55 24 Jul 04

Thanks for your quick response: Before I go ahead and delete this file, I wondered whether
it'somehow got itself into a hidden program that automatically starts at boot up. I haven't found anything like on the list on the msconfig startup tab. I'm just a bit worried that I might
put the boot in to the boot up procedure and end up with another problem ??????

stalion 15:00 24 Jul 04

I understand your concern do you have your office cd,if so you can re-install if any problems.

Alan Ryan 15:01 24 Jul 04

Thanks for your link: just had a brief look - I shall have to study it properly to have the pleasure of understanding it.I've never used the Excel spreadsheet: I inherited it on this computer from someone else.

Alan Ryan 15:04 24 Jul 04

Yes, I have the Office CD: but I never use Office and would like to dump it - which is easier said than done. Last time I got involved with removing the whole application, I was left with fragments all over the place and was obliged to use System Restore.

stalion 15:16 24 Jul 04

delete the file to your recycle bin and if any probs you can restore it

Alan Ryan 15:44 24 Jul 04

OK: I'm still on the case:
After I've dumped the file in the Recycle Bin, I'll have to reboot to discover whether the nuisance message still appears.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…