Startup Monitor Problems

stonehills 11:12 22 Dec 03

When I start my computer the monitor does not get a sinal (the monitor has the no signal message) so I cannot see anything but the PC is wurring away as normal. I then switch my computer off and on and the machine loads in safe mode because it was not switched off probably now the monitor works. In safe mode it says that the monitor and graphics card are unknown. I then press start, shut down and restart and the computer reboots. The computer reboots no problem and under control panel/monitor the correct monitor and graphics card are displayed.

It would appear that at initial switch on something is wrong with the monitor/graphics card settings but it is ok once safe mode has operated.

Any ideas?

Lozzy 13:41 22 Dec 03

What version of Windows?? and have you updates your graphics card drivers?

PA28 14:05 22 Dec 03

Next time you boot up in Safe Mode go to Device Manager and check entries for your monitor and graphics adaptor. If you have mutiple entries for your monitor then remove them all, one by one. The entry for your graphics card should show whether or not you have any problems here. If necessary these can be removed as well. Reboot and let your system (hopefully) redetect - have the driver disks for your graphics card to hand (the monitor should default to a Windows standard monitor).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…