Startup Manager ?

OCS lover 21:34 17 Nov 03

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any way to start or re-start my system with gaming in mind?

I'd like to play some games that like to swallow up my Ram, so how can i go about booting or re-booting my computer so it is free of all the usual stuff?

I do have a memory manager (Winram Booster) but i usually turn this off when i play games as it seems to freeze the computer up more often than not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Running win98 256mb ram.

powerless 22:06 17 Nov 03

Add another 256 stick.

Use msconfig click here

woodchip 22:13 17 Nov 03

You could Partition your Drive and put windows on the other drive and dial boot as a games operating system. But you need things Like Drive Image to do it as it works and dual boot software this can be found on Partition Magic

woodchip 22:13 17 Nov 03

Dual not Dial

VoG II 22:40 17 Nov 03
  Audeal 01:46 18 Nov 03

End it all? Highly recomended.

Jester2K II 07:51 18 Nov 03

EndItAll is highly recommended (but i don't like version 2 though). Use to end all the progs you don't need. Then use something like Multi Program Launcher click here to restart those programs once you have finished gaming....

Diodorus Siculus 08:08 18 Nov 03

Another tiny but most useful application. Select the programs you want to start when you switch on your computer - and disable those you don't. Resolve start-up conflicts by moving applications or changing the order of your start-up routine. Download the .exe option. Windows XP/Me/NT4/2000/98/95. Free. 34Kb

click here

OCS lover 22:57 19 Nov 03

Thanks, everyone. Most useful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…