Startup Inspector

Andsome 16:17 10 Oct 05

I have been using Start up Inspector for some weeks now. It has always shown ALL the programs that CAN run at start up, with those that I have elected NOT to run showing unticked, and those that I have elected RUN, shown as ticked. Suddenly in the last couple of days, only the programs that I have elected to run are showing. All the non running programs have disappeared from the program. I have looked in msconfig, and they have all disappeared from there as well. Everything is running fine, and any program not running at start up can be made to run as usual with a double click on it's icon. I therefore don't see any problem, I am just very puzzled. I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it, but it makes no difference. Anyone have an explanation please?

VoG II 16:26 10 Oct 05

Used Ccleaner?

Andsome 16:30 10 Oct 05

Yes, but I have done this umpteen times since installing Startup Inspector. So has pops who you know very well. His start up file is as it was before, showing both running and non running programs.

VoG II 16:38 10 Oct 05

I have not used Startup Inspector but I did find that the unticked items in msconfig had gone after running Ccleaner.

Please pass my regards to -pops-.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…