Startup group / user permissions

00edgarj 21:00 12 Oct 03

On our home network, I use Download Accelerator Plus - but have found that on some accounts it appears to crash the system - it does not completely stop responding but when pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del (On a WinXP Pro Machine) I see that the program is using about 98% of the CPU. Completely by accident, I discovered that the accounts it was doing this on were all accounts that were not classed as Administrators - the two Admin accounts were fine.

I considered using the Run As command to run the program using the Administrator account, but this setting is not saved - it will revert back to the original user account next time you run it.

Any ideas how I can get the program to run in an administrator account? I do not want to have to leave these accounts as Administrators all of the time!

Thanks,

hugh-265156 01:32 13 Oct 03

only thing i can suggest is maybe trying click here it does the same job lets you resume,scan for virus etc,no adware.

Gaz 25 01:53 13 Oct 03

Download Accelerator Plus is spyware anyway.

JimmE 02:57 21 Nov 04

Old post, markig resolved.

Now using XPSP2 downloader as have BB!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…