Startup Freeze

BigMan24 18:56 07 Nov 04

Hey folks,

I think i might have a bit of a problem here - just a little one, although i am a little concerned about it.

When I switch on my computer, and it comes to loading up my desktop, the only thing that comes up is my backgroup - no icons or toolbar, or start menu. And no buttons work at all, not even ctrl alt del works. I have to switch it off (which i really dont like doing).

This has happened a couple of times, but it seems fine otherwise.

Does anyone know what could be causing this, or/and what I could do to stop this from happening?

Any input/suggestion would be very much appreciated!

Thankyou!

sortof 19:00 07 Nov 04

How long problem for? What OS? Try system restore...check for viruses....check for spyware. Use Adaware or Spybot and keep those uptodate and scan regularly with them.

sortof 19:02 07 Nov 04

Also check msconfig for startup items and disable them one at a time to see if you can find culprit...

tony654321 19:24 07 Nov 04

I had a problem with freezing on startup for a long time. Even when my system was clean of all spyware, viruses etc. How old is your hard drive? I recently replaced mine which seems to have cured the problem. Just a thought though. Your hard drive might be fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

How to get WWDC 2017 tickets