Startup Files

mickyricky 09:26 03 Apr 03

In System Config/Tools/Startup my Tosh Tecra 8100 laptop is showing 13 various little Toshiba programs, but most of them appear twice in the list and some other programs too. Many others no longer used also still show there. I am happy with what is checked/unchecked, but is there any way to get at this list to tidy it up, maybe through the registry?

Simsy 10:13 03 Apr 03

you want to remove the items that appear in the Startup list, but are unchecked, hence don't startup?

NOTE; BACKUP FIRST!!

If I've got that right, some of them may be removeable via the registry. (Depending on how the programming/installation was written this may not apply).

I'm writing this from memory, based on my Win98se, which is at home...

the registry key(s) are at;

LocalMachine/software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/-Run

Note the "-" before the "Run" ... It indicates the things that DON'T start, as opposed to the things that do, which are under the "Run" key.

NOTE; BACKUP FIRST!!

Further note, I repeat that I'm recounting this from memory, but that should be accurate enough for you to find it yoourself if I'm slightly wrong.

regards,

Simsy

exodus 10:19 03 Apr 03

Check out this site.
click here
About 3/4 down the page is mentioned a programme called Startman, by Peter Forest, which can be downloaded free. This allows quick editing of the Startup entries and removes duplicate ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…