Startup

123joey123 09:27 17 Nov 08

I downloaded a programme and then unisnstalled it but it comes up asking for an update every time I start the computer.I uninstalled it in the control panel and with Revo Uninstaller. I ran 'search' to delete any files and looked in
'regedit' bit it's still there.
It's not really important, just annoying and wastes a few more seconds when starting but I would like to know how to dispose of it.

johndrew 09:58 17 Nov 08

It sounds as if there is a Registry entry that needs cleaning out. Try running Ccleaner click here or RegScrubXP click here or similar.

chub_tor 10:36 17 Nov 08

If it is coming up every time that you start then it will be either in Start/All Programs/Startup or in msconfig Startup. To get to the latter type msconfig into the Run box, press Enter and then click on the Startup Tab. Look down the list for the programme you have downloaded and untick the box next to its name. Re-boot, untick the box that says Show this on Startup and away you go.

123joey123 12:20 17 Nov 08

Thanks Chub_tor

I went into msconfig and removed it in Startup but it's still there

123joey123 13:14 17 Nov 08

Ok, fixed it by going to 'selective startup' rather than 'general startup'
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…