Start/Programs-showing 'empty'

telkell 16:53 01 Nov 04

After doing some tidying up and reinstalling a couple of programs.... I can start them from the desktop icon or from Windows Explorer , but in the list of programs in the Start menu, if I click the program it doesn't start and a small box sticks out from the program name saying "empty". What's the cure?

hugh-265156 17:13 01 Nov 04

you must either have deleted the program/s in question using add remove programs sometimes leaves empty shortcuts here after removing the program. right click and delete the empty ones.

if you still have the programs on your computer right click the 'start' button, click 'explore' and browse to the location its saved in then right click the executable select 'create shortcut' then drag this and hold it over the start button. the start menu will show after a second or two. drag it over 'all programs' to place it the menu.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:36 01 Nov 04

It is better not to have programs in the start menu, as all they do is use up resources. Leave it as it is and start the proggrams as you need them.

telkell 20:28 01 Nov 04

Thanks to both. I have learned something useful from you both . It's nice to feel in control once more!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…