"START_PAG.RE" Virus

Mollo 15:16 29 Aug 05

Two weeks ago got infected by the above virus. It seems to keep initialising a group of web sites (not very nice ones either!) which in turn install about 20 IE shortcuts to other sites It has also loaded in a lot of extra .DLL/.dll files. I've tried deleting the four web sites but the reappear as soon as I log on. Checked a MajorGeeks forum and came up with a procedure (10 pages of print) and lots of (good) techie info which to a guy like me (about 4 on the PC Knowledge scale)was mind boggling. However I'm scared to try it in case I make a typo error and blitz my machine. Is there nothing on the same line which would do it automatically. I have installed Adaware, SPGuard and Trojan Remover. My AV is Trend Micro and although it tells me it has the virus quarantined, I cant find it to delete it although I can delete the fresh .dlls which it quarantines. Any suggestions?

Jackcoms 15:32 29 Aug 05
  Mollo 09:15 04 Nov 05

Sorry I haven't responded before now but took your advice downloaded CWS Shredder and used it along with assistance from Malaware Removal and I am now clear. I would recommend Malaware Removal to anyone. It took days to complete the removal and the moderator involved was really patient.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…