Starting XP

Elyvate 14:19 06 Oct 03

Its not really much of a problem but a bit of an annoyance.

I turn my computer on and leave mt TFT monitor off and my computer boots up normally. If I reboot or turn my computer on with the monitor on it goes through the normal diagnositics checks and then hangs before it starts up windows. I then turn my monitor off and then back on and the WIndows start up screen comes on and all starts up fine.
My monitor is 19" by someone called Eiko (I think) and I think its quite old, but I got it for free so I'm not complaining. It also serves as a hub with a couple sockets used.
Win XP, Athlon 1700+, 384 RAM

Thanks in advance

MichelleC 14:58 06 Oct 03

You may need to reinstall or update graphics or monitor driver. Are there any yellows in device manager?

Elyvate 15:03 06 Oct 03

nope, no yellows

Legolas 15:05 06 Oct 03

Like MichelleC says I would try updating your graphic card drivers, what graphics card do you have?

Elyvate 15:07 06 Oct 03

Creative Ti4200 64MB

plankton 19:44 06 Oct 03

Hello, I would like to apologise, I've been talking to you on the wrong thread. Is this where your monitor came from?click here
The graphics may not support this type?? Have you got the model etc of the monitor, if so check on the Creative site for compatibility...

Elyvate 19:50 06 Oct 03

plankton
Looking at my monitor now its made by EIZO. I will now look for new drivers for it and my graphics card

plankton 10:36 07 Oct 03

Glad I could push you the right way in the end (what a bad day I had yesterday!), let us know what happens....;o)

Elyvate 11:10 07 Oct 03

Well I installed new graphics card drivers, and found new software for my monitor but still no change. I will keep looking.

plankton 11:19 07 Oct 03

Has the monitor got speakers? If so, make sure the plugs are in the right place....

Elyvate 11:21 07 Oct 03

nope no speakers, just the 4 usb hub

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…