Starting problem

s.sparks2003 12:53 14 Dec 05

Over the last few weeks my computer has developed a bit of an annoying problem. When I go to start it up I press the on button (with me so far?) now normally about 2-3 seconds there should be a beep then the start up procedure followed by another beep in about 5 sec's and after that the windows bit kicks in. That is how it should work however recently I press the on button and I hear the hard drive a spinning (sounds like it has a bit of a stutter) but no start up it just dose not kick in a couple of pushes on the re-start button normally cures it, So any thoughts on the problem?

Oh its cold at night in the office so I’ve stood it on some foam sheet as I thought it might be getting too cold over night. However I left switching the computer on till gone 2 in the afternoon yesterday and I still had to use the restart button so that sort of blew that idea out of the water. (the heating is on from about 8am)

Cheers

Simon

stalion 13:27 14 Dec 05

are you useing xp?

s.sparks2003 13:58 14 Dec 05

Yep.

stalion 14:00 14 Dec 05

you should only get one beep on boot up you may have a problem with your boot sector try a repair.Go here and scroll down to repair boot sector click here

woodchip 14:59 14 Dec 05

PSU on it's last legs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…