Starting an excel file at a certain cell number?

johnem 21:47 31 Jan 05

Hi gang, fresh from the success of the last piece of brilliant and speedy advice, I am going to ask for a little more help. Following on with my stocklist and index ect, is it possible to persuade excel to open up the file, not where the last highlighted cell was when it was saved or closed but to open up at my index, say cell b134. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

VoG II 21:55 31 Jan 05

Press ALT+F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor. Insert/Module. Type in the following code:

Sub Auto_Open

Application.Goto reference:=Workbooks("mybook.XLS").Worksheets("mysheet").Range("B134"), scroll:=True

End Sub

Change mybook and mysheet to suit.

johnem 22:18 31 Jan 05

Thank you once again VoG™, just tried that and once I had corrected my typo's, it worked. I had to lower the default security setting to medium, but it is fine. I had hoped that you might be looking in, as I have read many of your excellant replies in the past. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…